- Featured topics
- Point Lepreau
- Media Releases and Letters to Editor
- About Us
200 municipalités s'opposent à la filière nucléaire
- MONTRÉAL, le 10 sept. /CNW Telbec/ - M. Gaëtan Ruest, maire d'Amqui et porte-parole de la campagne «Le sort du nucléaire Québécois, un choix de société » souhaite maintenant recueillir l'adhésion de toutes les municipalités du Québec. Déjà 200 municipalités, représentant 593 342 citoyens, ont adhéré à la résolution. L'appel est aujourd'hui lancé à l'ensemble des municipalités du Québec afin qu'elles se solidarisent et rejoignent le mouvement elles aussi. (...)
Cutting Through the Smoke -- A Review of Devra Davis' book 'When Smoke Ran Like Water'
- "Pollution itself never shows up on death certificates," laments environmental health expert Devra Davis, MPH '82. Her celebrated new book, rooted in a dramatic childhood experience, is a clarion call for immediate policy reform.
Final Diagnosis: Environmental Toxic Pathway Analysis and Immune System Cytokine Modality Provide Key Insight into Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Mechanism and Etiology of Varied Pathogen Driven Illnesses.
German minister demands US action on climate protection
- Space Daily, BERLIN (AFP) Aug 18, 2002
Getting your Doctorate
- Grad School Guide - Conducting A Graduate School Search.
Note that the IICPH offers a program of mentorship for graduate students.
How business can profit from sustainability
- The Toronto Star, Oct. 5, 2002
International Holistic Tourism Education Centre (IHTEC)
- IHTEC is dedicated to developing Global Sustainability Education programs that educate young people through "Tourism as a Vital Force for Peace". Innovative and realistic, IHTEC has become an acclaimed vehicle of peace- building and protecting the environment within communities around the world.
Keoz8 Portal Link to Veterans
- Portal to Military Veterans information. Some links in there point to Gulf War Syndrome papers.
Military Veterans Directory
- Military-veterans related news, books and web resources.
Styrofoam Cups and Containers -- Styrene Migration and Your Health
- (...) today we will take a look at the implications of using polystyrene in food and beverage applications. Most importantly, picture of polystyrene cups we will talk about how styrene -- the single-molecule form of polystyrene -- migrates into your food and beverages from polystyrene food containers.
Canadian Health Coalition
- "The Canadian Health Coalition is dedicated to preserving and enhancing Canada's public health system for the benefit of all Canadians. Founded in 1979, the coalition includes organizations representing unions, seniors, women, students, consumers and health care professionals from across Canada..."
Global Education Associates
- Dr. Rosalie Bertell has been a key member of the GEA for many years. We have worked on many joint projects.
- The Health InterNetwork aims to bridge the "digital divide" in health by ensuring that relevant information -- and the technologies to deliver it -- are widely available and effectively used by health personnel, researchers, scientists, and policy makers.
Launched by the Secretary General of the United Nations in September 2000 and led by the World Health Organization, the Health InterNetwork brings together public and private partners under the principle of ensuring equitable access to health information.
As the first phase of making vital health content available, the Health InterNetwork has provided internet access to a vast library of the latest and best information on public health: nearly 1,500 scientific publications. This collection is available through the efforts of WHO together with the 6 biggest biomedical publishers: Blackwell, Elsevier Science, the Harcourt Worldwide STM Group, Wolters Kluwer International Health & Science, Springer Verlag and John Wiley.
Institute for Children's Environmental Health (ICEH)
- The Institute for Children's Environmental Health (ICEH), founded in 1999, is a nonprofit educational organization working to ensure a healthy, just and sustainable future for children and the planet. ICEH's primary mission is to foster collaborative initiatives to reduce and ultimately eliminate environmental exposures that can undermine the health of current and future generations.
International Foundation for Science (IFS)
- Call for Research Grant Applications from Developing Country Scientists
The International Foundation for Science (IFS) provides support to young scientists of merit in developing countries by awarding research grants and additional services such as travel grants and purchasing assistance.
IFS supports research related to the renewable utilisation of biological resources. In the health field, research topics supported include nutrition (relating to food composition), micronutrients, weaning foods, food safety, alternatives to use of chemicals in food production, zoonotic pathogens (epidemiology, control and prevention), water quality, and medicinal products, including traditional medicines.
Proposals for projects may address biological, chemical, or physical processes as well as social and economic relationships important in the conservation, production, and renewable utilisation of the biological resource base.
Research grants are awarded up to a maximum value of USD 12,000 for a period of one to three years and may be renewed twice. They are intended for the purchase of equipment, expendable supplies, and literature. Applicants must be citizens of, and carry out the research at, a university or national research institution in a developing country (see the IFS Website for a list of eligible countries). Candidates must be under the age of 40 (under 30 for applicants from China), at the start of their research career, and have an MSc degree or equivalent.
Applications in English or French can be submitted to the Secretariat by mail or electronically.
IFS, Grev Turegatan 19, S-114 38 Stockholm, Sweden. Fax: +46 8 5458 1801. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Peace Bureau
- The IPB awarded the MacBride Peace Prize to Rosalie Bertell in 2001. Here's an excerpt from their "history" page:
"The IPB was founded in 1891-2, as a result of consultations at the Universal Peace Congresses, large gatherings held annually to bring together the national peace societies that had gradually developed, mainly in Europe and North America, from the end of the Napoleonic Wars onwards (...)"
Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance
- The Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance is dedicated to serving mesothelioma victims and their families.
- Mesothelionama is cancer of the lining of the lung which is caused by exposure to asbestos. According to the National Cancer Institute website, mesothelioma causes "cells of the mesothelium [to] become abnormal and divide without control or order. They can invade and damage nearby tissues and organs. Cancer cells can also metastasize (spread) from their original site to other parts of the body." Many people have been exposed to asbestos at some point in their lives, but because of the lengthy latent period of this disease, patients can be diagnosed with mesothelioma long after they have been exposed. For more information about asbestos exposure and mesothelioma, visit Mesothelioma Web. For a decade, Mesothelioma Web has been providing information, support, and help to those diagnosed with mesothelioma.
- This website has the most up to date and comprehensive information about Pleural Mesothelioma on the web today; with information ranging from a complete list of symptoms, to treatment options and steps to take after a diagnosis.
Nuclear Information and Resource Service
- 2008 marked the 30th anniversary of Nuclear Information and Resource Service (NIRS). We were founded to be the national information and networking center for citizens and environmental activists concerned about nuclear power, radioactive waste, radiation and sustainable energy issues.
Partnership for Children's Health
- The Partnership for Children's Health and the Environment is a growing North American coalition with over ninety members representing government, academic, medical and community-based organizations committed to building a strong, sustainable and collaborative movement to protect current and future generations from harmful environmental exposures.
People's Charter for Health (PCH)
- PCH will present our shared vision, goal, objectives and strategies to achieve health for all. It is being drafted through a participatory process where individuals, groups and networks express their needs and ideas.
People's Health Assembly
- The People's Health Assembly is a process organised by a group of concerned civil society organisations and networks which brings together the experience of different groups and communities around the world in taking actions to improve the health and well-being of people.
Science for Peace
- Science for Peace is a charitable Canadian-based organization of natural scientists, engineers, social scientists, scholars in the humanities and lay people throughout the world. It brings together professors, graduate students and first degree students who are concerned about peace, justice and making an environmentally sustainable future. SfP has NGO status at the United Nations.
Snowshoe Documentary Films
- Snowshoe Documentary Films hosts a vast collection of documentaries for social and economic justice. This link points to the Rosalie Bertell page on www.snowshoefilms.com.
- The Sustainability Network works with Ontario environmental non-profits to make them more effective and efficient. By improving management and leadership skills and fostering organizational development, the Network helps to strengthen the environmental movement in Ontario. The Network is about sustaining the organizations that work on sustainability.
IICPH's 25th - Rosalie Bertell - part 1
IICPH's 25th - Rosalie Bertell - part 2
IICPH's 25th - Rosalie Bertell - part 3
IICPH's 25th - Rosalie Bertell - part 4
No Immediate Danger: a presentation
- Video presentation by Chris McKinless based on Rosalie Bertell's "No Immediate Danger"
Planet Earth: The Latest Weapon of War
- Snowshoe Films video based on seminar given by Rosalie Bertell
Poison DUst on YouTube (1/4)
- Poison DUst on YouTube (part 1 of 4)
Poison DUst on YouTube (2/4)
- Poison DUst on YouTube (part 2 of 4)
Poison DUst on YouTube (3/4)
- Poison DUst on YouTube (part 3 of 4)
Poison DUst on YouTube (4/4)
- Poison DUst on YouTube (part 4 of 4)