IICPH flyer for the Halton Eco-Festival, 17-18 April 2010
Fluoridation is done to increase our fluoride intake five to twenty times more than normal. The more water we drink, the more fluoride we get. It accumulates. Fluoride is most toxic to the developing baby and child.
Current science (National Research Council) has identified several health problems caused from drinking fluoridated water every day:
- Increased uptake of lead in children’s blood; lower IQ
- Dental fluorosis in almost half of all children, some of it severe, and worse in children with darker skin; more joint injuries
- Increased risk of hypertension and kidney disease in diabetics
- Increased risk of premature birth
- Teenage boys more likely to get rare bone cancer
- Low thyroid function and infertility
- Deficiencies of Vitamin D, iron and iodine
- Increased risk of brittle, cracked and broken teeth in middle age
- Increased risk of osteoporosis and broken bones in seniors.
Fluoridation chemicals are a hazardous industrial waste called HFSA, scrubbed from the pollution stacks of phosphate fertilizer factories containing arsenic and lead. They are added to clean, safe drinking water under the Fluoridation Act. Interaction of chlorine and HFSA in water causes more lead to leach into tap water from pipes and fittings. Few councillors and Public Health employees know anything about HFSA or its toxicity. The science is being denied and ignored. Laws are not followed.
Current fluoride level in drinking water in the GTA is 0.6-0.7 parts per million (ppm). Without HFSA, our water would have 0.14 ppm and less arsenic and lead. Without fluoridation, dental fluorosis would decline and cavity rates would decline or not change. Brushing teeth and taking a daily multivitamin have greater benefit on dental health than drinking diluted industrial waste.
Fluoridation mocks the intent of public health policy, which is to improve all parameters of health, for all ages and races. The harm is not justified.
It is time for City Councils to vote it out.